SO…What the Heck is Micro-Channeling Anyway?
Micro-channeling is a nonsurgical treatment that uses a hand-held tool with precision micro-tips containing tiny, ultra-fine needles to inject customized serums loaded with anti-aging agents directly into the skin. There is very little, to no down time after a treatment largely in part due to the stamping method used to impart healthy anti-aging solutions into the dermis. Micro-channeling treatments are safe for all skin tones, and downtime is minimal Micro-channeling can be performed on any skin type, or tone so everybody can benefit from this treatment. And good news- the channels created are smaller than human hair, so there’s very minimal trauma.”
Micro-channeling also stimulates the skin’s natural healing process, boosting production of new collagen, elastin, and other cellular building blocks of healthy skin.
Results can be seen right away in the form of smoother, more healthy-appearing skin via improved texture, tone, as well as a hydration boost.
Micro-channeling causes tiny injuries to the skin and stimulates a process called neocollagenesis- this is the process of making new collagen. Each microchannel is surrounded by healthy tissue that activates the healing process. In response to these tiny injuries, your body’s inflammatory healing process begins and initiates the production of new collagen and elastin.
The micro-channels created allow products to reach deeper into the skin and boost rejuvenation.
SO… What are the benefits Micro-Channeling has to offer?
Here are a few most notable:
- Smooth fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce unwanted pigmentation
- Boost radiance
- Refine pore size
- Tighten skin
- Minimize acne scars and stretch marks
- Increase hydration
So… What are the pros and cons of Micro-Channeling?
- Micro-channeling is a quick treatment that creates healthier skin and overall skin rejuvenation. Applying anti-aging products directly into the skin allows them to be absorbed much more effectively. A wide range of concerns can be addressed, including uneven skin tone (like sunspots), the appearance of fine lines, the appearance of wrinkles, enlarged pores, hydration, dullness, and some minor scarring. An ideal candidate for micro-channeling is someone who has signs of premature aging, sun damage, enlarged pores, mild to moderate wrinkles around the eyes, and acne scarring.
- Healing is fast, so downtime is minimal.
- The treatment is versatile. It’s mostly used on the face, but micro-channeling can also be used on the hands, neck, decolletage, or anywhere else on the body.
Micro-channeling is considered very safe
- A series of treatments is recommended for best results, followed by regular maintenance sessions.
- The treatment doesn’t deliver dramatic results—after all, it only delivers micro doses of treatment solution.
- Micro-channeling isn’t a good option for people with active acne.
So… Who’s a good candidate for Micro-Channeling?
It’s an especially good option for younger people who want to keep their skin looking great, or those just starting their skincare journey. It’s a great entry point for people interested in taking care of their skin.
as we mentioned earlier, people with active acne should avoid microchanneling, which can further irritate already inflamed skin and potentially propagate bacterial spread.
SO… How is Micro-Channeling different than Micro-Needling?
While both treatments involve piercing the skin with needles, micro-channeling and micro-needling are two distinctly different treatments. Micro-channeling is far less aggressive than most micro-needling procedures and Micro-channeling is considered a gentler treatment than micro-needling (aka collagen-induction therapy). Miro-channeling is done manually at a fixed depth, and it mainly penetrates the epidermis. Micro-needling depths can vary and the mechanical nature results in a more aggressive treatment with downtime, usually 2–3+ days for micro-needling.
So… How soon will you see Micro-Channeling results?
Your skin should appear and feel refreshed within 24 hours, but tone and texture will continue to improve as the effect of the solution takes effect.
For the best benefits, three to six micro-channeling sessions spaced 2-4 weeks apart are often recommended.
Continued ongoing treatments every three months or so can help maintain your results.