Wrinkles are part of life — our skin changes as we age. It becomes thinner, loses fat, and no longer looks as plump and smooth as it once was. Truth be told, facial aging actually begins in our 20s, when skin firmness begins to decrease as a result of both internal (genetics and natural aging) and external (sun exposure, smoking, environmental stressors and stress) factors.
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a naturally occurring substance found in the skin that delivers nutrients to the skin, helping the skin retain moisture, softness and plumpness. Imagine pinching the cherub cheeks of a round faced baby- HA is what helps give that baby’s cheeks their plump supple “snap”.
Many visible signs of aging can be traced back to volume loss. As we age, facial tissues thin out, lines become etched around the nose and mouth, and cheeks may begin to look a little hollow. HA Dermal fillers can replace lost volume to help smooth wrinkles, plump the lips, and restore a more youthful appearance.
HA Dermal fillers are gel-like substances that are injected beneath the skin to restore lost volume, smooth lines and soften creases, or enhance facial contours. Injectable fillers can be a cost-effective way to help you look younger without surgery or downtime.
Some of the concerns addressed by HA dermal fillers include:
- Smoothing out lines around nose and mouth (a.k.a. marionette lines, smile lines, and parentheses)
- Enhancing & restoring volume to sunken cheeks
- Diminishing vertical lip lines
- Plumping & enhancing the lips
- Smoothing out a chin crease
- Improving symmetry among facial features
There are several options within the Restylane® family of products! Find out which ones(s) are right for you!
- Restylane® helps reduce lines and wrinkles and adds fullness, definition and volume to lips by plumping them or can smooth the lines around your nose and mouth for up to a year.
- Restylane Defyne® & Restylane Refyne® soften lines and wrinkles and add volume to the lines around your nose and mouth for up to 18 months. The unique cross lining of the HA gel is designed to help support natural expression and to help maintain natural movement when smiling, frowning, speaking or even puckering up!
- For subtle volume and to smooth the appearance of vertical lips lines choose Restylane Silk®, designed specifically to provide natural looking results by using smaller smoother HA particles than those used in other Restylane® products.
- Correct age related volume loss in the cheek area; lift and contour cheeks with Restylane Lyft®, also used to rejuvenate the deficits in hands.
Not sure what/if filler is right for you? Schedule a complementary consultation- It’s FREE, and we’re happy to help clear the muddied waters. And don’t forget to ask about Galderma’s patient Loyalty Program, ASPIRE, to earn coupons and savings on future Galderma product treatments!